less of me // more of You

|
Saturday, December 25, 2004
Hahahaha my mom got me wool socks for Christmas. <3
So a little over two years ago, I posted this: My biggest expectation right now that I'm also scared of: college will be better. College has to be better, because nothing could be worse than my life now. I don't expect the academic workload to get better, I just want more... liberty. Will that make my life better? I'm counting on it.
A lot of people responded:
________________ lemme tell you girlfriend ... college aint much better ... in fact, college flat-out stinks ... enjoy high school while you can.
(watching ... waiting ... praying)
=bj
bj | Email | Homepage | 09.27.02 - 6:06 am | #
________________ I expected a lot from college, too... and I have to admit that it's not even close to what I thought it would be like. Cherish the time you have in highschool. =)
Jocelyn | Email | Homepage | 09.27.02 - 6:19 pm | #
________________ Great... now I can conclude that my life will suck forever. Thanks, guys. =|
iella | Email | Homepage | 09.28.02 - 2:07 am | #
________________ depending on your major, depending on how much you decide to study, depending on where you go, everything...
i've concluded even before the beginning of school this fall that college will be the time of my life to work myself to death. and then i'll have to find a job after that. joy...
i need some despair.com posters so at least i can laugh at my own failures. maybe i've reached a point in life where it's not worth crying about that crap. and contrary to popular belief, i'm not some disillusioned person who thinks that a B is a failing grade... (i've known what "failing grades" are since early elementary school as well as the corresponding percentages for the + and - values... =\)
uh... i think i made this longer than i expected. sign of aging - can't think straight after 12 midnight, if i'm lucky to be thinking straight before that.
carise | Email | Homepage | 09.28.02 - 4:41 am | #
________________ condition yourself so you only need an average of 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night ... that's what i'm averaging. (*sigh*)
bj | Email | Homepage | 09.28.02 - 1:29 pm | #
________________ ok, after i hear so many people talk about college experience, i am going to say something too. i think college is full of fun. it is not too stressful (so far for my chemE major, can't say anything when next semester come). Liberty, indeed, u will have a lot liberty. High school to me is no fun at all, as you know (i know how you feel, Anna) if u want to make ur college life fun and interesting, u cannot just sit there and think that activity will pop up to u like in CCS. u have to go to search for it. many people said college is stressful and boring, i think it is because they don't go out to search for different oppotunties in the campus. if they say they have no time, it is not because they are THAT busy but they have bad time management.
Conclusion: when u go to college, don't just sit in the room doing hw and playing pc game and hope that oppotunity will fall in front of u. college is fun or not, it depends on how u manage ur time and are you actively search for oppotunity to get involve. btw, the most important part, in college, u will find alot of lost souls and wait for you to win for Jesus. pray and ask God to open the door for you while you are on the campus. =)
VS | Email | Homepage | 09.28.02 - 2:15 pm | #
________________ it also depends on your major ... DON'T GO INTO EECS ... it'll blow your mind. HEADACHE. I think I manage my time pretty well, and I still don't have time to do all the fun stuff that I wanna do. But who know ... maybe you'll have a better time.
bj | Email | Homepage | 09.29.02 - 11:43 am | #
________________ er.. high school wasn't fun for me either.
carise | Email | Homepage | 09.29.02 - 12:28 pm | #
________________ Hmm... no EECS, huh?
iella | Email | Homepage | 09.29.02 - 5:53 pm | #
________________ Haha... well, I guess that depends a lot on what your idea of fun is, too. I find that I don't have as much freedom now to do all the things that I did in highschool because college studying requires a lot more work. Of course, if you think that meeting new people is a lot of fun... you'll love college... cause you meet new people every day. =) I guess the "most fun" thing for me here is having opportunities to share my faith with the people around me... that's something that you don't really get at CCS. On the other hand, though, I don't think that I loved highschool because of the work then... I loved it for the friendships I had then, the abundance of time to do things that I wanted to do, and the close relationships I had between my teachers and a lot of the people on campus... that's just something that I don't get a lot of here. I guess that has a lot to do with being at such a big college, too. But then again, I've only been here a month... and people tell me that college will be the best years of my life... so I'm excited to see what God is going to do in this time. I'm just saying that your highschool years are a blessing from God, too... cherish them while you still have them. =)
Jocelyn | Email | Homepage | 09.30.02 - 5:55 pm | #
________________ College is what you make of it, too. Try to have fun and you will. Try not to get stressed and you won't.
bj | Email | Homepage | 09.30.02 - 11:28 pm | #
________________ So, just out of curiosity, how many of you now-juniors (if you read my blog...) still stand by what you said? And/or do you have any new advice for this year's high school seniors and college freshmen?
My wool socks are awesome.
bananna 6:02 PM |
|