:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, November 12, 2009

 
Dear reader(s),

Adventures in Cooking for My HusbandTM continues with Episode 3. This episode is entitled, Some Random Pictures Because I Like My Camera And I Guess There's Also Some Stuff I Cooked.

The kabocha of facebook fame. Note the sugar blisters that literally oozed out of the skin.


The aforementioned vegetable that is usually cooked with bacon. Note there is no bacon in this.


A bit of photography fun with persimmons that an anonymous coworker brought in, undoubtedly from his or her backyard tree.


Anyway, I've decided that I will do more thranos-style posts where I go through process with the stuff I make in a little more detail rather than just posting pictures of the finished product. So today's post is a piece of salmon. Straightforward and not too time-consuming, but still tasty - my favorite kind of cooking!

Raw salmon, previously frozen by my good friend Trader Joe. Defrosted and cut into two pieces because the original was about a foot long.


Marinating away happily in a bit of soy sauce, brown sugar, and some ginger.


The soy sauce and sugar caramelize to add a bit of smokiness.


After a couple minutes on each side, I take the fish out and toss in some green onion and garlic. Add a bit of water to make a sauce out of the stuff left in the pan.


I know you're thinking, "WHAT? THAT'S IT?" and Alice is thinking, "I am sad because this post did not have an interlude," but the point is, I will try to post more frequently in the future. Food blogging is difficult. Thank goodness this isn't a food blog.
  |