less of me // more of You

|
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Today I went to watch Cornell's men's basketball team play Brown. It was great! The Cornell crowd (in particular, the student section) is ridiculously obnoxious and insulting, which I guess is good when you're trying to get into the other team's head but not so good when you're trying to get the refs to like your team.
Particularly fantastic was the piece of paper that they gave us that explained Cornell's roster, gave some statistical matchup information, etc. Also included were these little bits of advice on how to be as annoying as possible. One example: "With 10 seconds left on opponent's shot clock, start 5 second countdown."
Another bit that was funny: "Brown coach Craig Robinson happens to be the brother-in-law of Senator Barack Obama... We'd like to take this moment to ask you to put aside your political beliefs for one night in the name of the Big Red, and start chanting "Hillary Clinton" during timeouts to break the concentration of Mr. Robinson. We of Newman Nation do not endorse any particular presidential candidate, but we sure endorse the pissing off of opponents' coaches."
Unfortunately, said chanting did not actually happen. As much as I personally dislike Hillary, I think it would have been hilarious.
bananna 6:23 PM |
|