less of me // more of You

|
Friday, June 29, 2007
This is retarded. In high school when I went to the optometrist, my mom had to be there to sign all the forms as my legal guardian.
But they're saying that a little girl can go have major life-changing surgery with certain emotional and possibly physical damage because she's ashamed of the fact that she didn't have any self control? Why does the government think that I need my mom to approve when I get glasses, but doesn't think I might need her counsel if I was faced with the decision to end a person's life?
This makes me mad. It paves the way for young girls to hear, "Oh, don't worry about it, we'll take care of it and no one ever has to know," without ever giving the people that love her the most a chance to let her know that she has options, that it's okay that she messed up, and that she should start taking responsibility for her actions right now.
bananna 7:52 PM |
|