:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 30, 2005

 
So today I went to the city to play with Kelly, Jacob, Will Lin, and two other Intel co-opers. When I was waiting for Jacob to pick me up in the city, there was this psycho guy in a wheelchair who started making shotgun motions at me and repeating "F*-ing China..." I generally ignored him, figuring it was safer to let him waste his energy rather than make eye contact and piss him off even more. Some guy eventually stepped in and told the guy to go away, and he did, so that was good.

I guess the point is, while I certainly don't entertain any thoughts of prejudice and racism being nonexistent, it's been a long time since I really realized that the color of my skin and the color of my hair could incite any sentiment other than "Stop raising the curve" (not that I do... especially not at Cornell). So it disturbed me a little, even though the guy was, like I said, psycho.

But in spite of that, it was good to see Cornell people again. Hung around the pier a little bit and had dinner.

zeebus
  |