:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, November 12, 2004

 
Wow. I won't even try to pretend I understand that.

I've been thinking about this - "So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires." (Romans 9:18). People tend to question God, His motives, His timing, His judgement... but the bottom line is, what happens is (and should be!) dictated by God, and God alone.

Umm... so what I'm trying to say is, we don't have the authority to say things like "God, where is Your justice, where is Your mercy, where is Your love?" because God, by definition, is justice and mercy and love. It's not God's love being absent, it's that our idea of what love should look like is skewed.

Some people balk at the idea of living in a universe that is defined by something other than... us. We want to be able to say I know this is true, this is false, this is good, this is bad. But it's not defined by what I think or feel. Truth is what God is. Always. If we believe in a God that can transcend science, why do we hesitate to believe in a God who transcends our own ideas of what is right and wrong?

Anyway. I have to go to class.
  |