:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 08, 2004

 
Monstrous post alert.

10:53 AM EST

So, I’m sitting here at the Syracuse/Hancock Int’l Airport. No internet... I’ll just copy/paste this when I get plugged in again. But I’m so bored... I have nothing else to do... Hmm. Maybe I should break out my iPod and actually start using. Ehh. Is there free wireless internet at Chicago O’hare Int’l? I think I might have seen it when I was passing through Chicago on my way to/from Baltimore over the summer.

Oh, speaking of Baltimore/fighting... the TKD people at Cornell want me to spar. Which would be... interesting, to say the least. Pretty much all kicking to the body. No punching to the head, no throwing, and kicking to the head too often is generally discouraged. Where’s the fun in that? Ah well.

Hmm. There’s not too many people around me right now... but one guy who just came looked at the display thingie and said “On time? It’s not going to be on time.” Which makes me slightly worried, because I have to catch another flight from Chicago to home. Hmm. Oh well. I go in good hands.

Kurt seems to be losing battery rather quickly. So I think I’ll let him go to sleep now.

--

12:15 PM EST

Apparently, my flight is now departing at 1:30 PM instead of 12:34 PM. Well, that’s too bad. That means I have half an hour before my connecting flight departs from Chicago. Hmm.

--

12:50 PM EST

“Everything in Chicago is running 71 minutes behind schedule.” That’s what I overheard through my music, anyway. So hopefully that means that my connecting flight isn’t going to take off without me. Stupid Chicago airport. Last time I tried to fly through Chicago (on my way to Baltimore), everything was delayed for like 2 hours because Bush was flying through/in the vicinity of Chicago. And they tried to blame it on the weather because it was supposedly some confidential thing. Retarded. So, I haven’t had very good luck with Chicago. Or maybe Chicago is always this bad. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I want to go home. Wow, this is going to be a monstrous post when I finally get around to putting it up.

--

4:37 PM CDT

Well, barely caught my flight home. ‘Twas quite an interesting experience... had about 3 minutes to get from one end of the concourse to the other. Thank goodness Chicago was a little bit backed up because of bad weather... So, I’ve decided I don’t like Chicago too much. What was a 1.5 hour wait turned into a half-hour wait which turned into 3 minutes of powerwalking. Good thing I’m used to walking fast while carrying heavy things (read: when I’m late to class). Hmm.

The guy sitting next to me on the plane has a PowerBook. It’s pretty. Not that I don’t <3 Kurt. Hmm. I wonder what state we’re flying over right now... looks very flat. Welcome to the midwest. Umm... yeah. Anyway, having a laptop is neat. So portable :)

Oh, I finished two problem sets for calc... I’m amazed at my lack of procrastination. I guess I just want to be able to enjoy being at home without having to worry about doing work that’s due next week. No labs at all next week!!! That makes me happy...

Hmm. If you’re still reading this, you’re either really interested in my life or you’re really bored. Go study or something. Stop reading this. Or don’t. Whatever. At least take a break before you go on. Because it’s not over yet.

--

4:35 PM MDT

Ooh... Gorgeous view of snow-capped Rocky Mountains out the window. I wish I could take pictures.

--

4:11 PM PST

Wow, it’s like moving back in time. At least, I think we’re in PST now. Looks pretty dry below... Nevada? Lovely.

Anyway, I’m really bored... I keep trying to pretend like I have something to do on my computer. But I really don’t.

You know what I need? Microsoft Word for Kurt. It’s just so much more familiar to me than AppleWorks. Ah well.

Oh! The inflight movie was Stepford Wives. I only watched part of it... it was a little too disturbing for me. So, yeah. o_0

I should get up and walk around. But I don’t want to disturb the guy sitting next to me. Ah well. As long as I don’t get deep vein thrombosis and die, right?

--

5:10 PM PST

The Pacific Ocean is awesome.

--

8:50 PM PST

So, had dinner with the family. It’s good to be home. Time to go to sleep, though... have to get up early to go to kung fu tomorrow morning. <3 <3 <3

70 birds and roadkill
  |