:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, September 27, 2004

 
Whoaaa.

So, I just went running.

The only comforting thing that it was my lungs that were burning, not my legs. So, my legs still seem to be okay. I hope it's just because I'm not used to running in 55-degree weather... or have I really regressed that much? I suppose it's possible, considering the fact that it's been almost 2 months since I stopped my psycho training. Then again, I haven't been completely sedentary since I stopped training, either. Ah, well. This just means I need to run more.

I really hope I'm not that out of shape. Because the last couple times I went running here, it wasn't so bad...

It was the cold weather, really...?

It's amazing what going through the lei tai training did to me. Six months ago if you had asked me, I wouldn't even touch running, much less somewhat enjoy it. Somewhat.

So yeah, as I was running the loop today, I was thinking about that one Saturday morning where Hodge, D, Boges and I went running at 6AM on Saturday morning. I remember commenting to Boges that I loved the feeling of running in the cold air and feeling the chill "burn into the deepest part of my lungs." That's what today was like. Ooh, it hurts to breathe. There were also some weird smells, somewhat reminiscent of the weird behind-Safeway dumpster smells that we always got hit with when running the plaza. I can't wait to go home.

Oh, by the way, treadmills are awful. I recommend running outside. It's 1000000x better than running on a treadmill. I never really understood the whole expression about life being like a treadmill until I tried running on one. Ick.

is what You want from me
  |