:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 
This is going to be a long post. I can feel it.

So, long post warning.

Last night at my Bible study, we talked about how in Acts 4, the Sanhedrin could find nothing to accuse Peter and John with except that they were followers of Christ. Woww, convicting. We have been called to be holy and blameless... living without reproach. The only reason anyone should find anything against us is that they hate the gospel of Christ.

And this is one of those times where I cry out, "Grace, grace!"

You know what's annoying? In the morning, when you turn on the hot water and it takes like 10 minutes before it actually gets warm. And then I feel like I'm wasting water because I let it run for so long. :(

Also, I remember awhile ago Tiffany Ho posted something about a lot of Christian music sounding like pop love songs. Well, I was working at the gym this morning, and they were playing some maybe-semi-Christian sounding music. And I was very confused, because I thought I heard something about a sacrifice, but everything else sounded like a teeny-bopper song. Arrrgh.

Along the same lines, I read somewhere once that sometimes Christians basically use their relationship with God to replace the romantic relationship that they're seeking. Which is why you get all those songs that just keep repeating, "I love you, I need you, I'm desperate for you." Which is not necessarily bad. In fact, it's probably true. But what happens if they ever do get around to getting into a romantic relationship? What's going to happen to their walk with God? As followers of Christ, we do not seek after God because He fills some void in our lives - although that is one of the results. We follow Christ because it brings glory to His Name and his kingdom. Oooh, how romantic. o_0

Hebrews 11:18-24

For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. For they could not bear the command, If even a beast touches the mountain, it will be stoned." And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I am full of fear and trembling." But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.


The city of the living God. I love that.

The leaves are starting to change color. Mmm, autumn.

he must be found
  |