:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, August 27, 2004

 
Today has been a little bit tedious. None of the classes I went to except for math 191 were classes that I actually want to be in... that's ENGRI 111 (Nanotechnology) and CHEM 211. The CHEM 211 professor was decent... although he spoke in sort of a squeaky voice. He did a demonstration with exploding balloons. Which was kind of interesting. He had three balloons, one with hydrogen, one with hydrogen + oxygen, and one with just helium. So the first one goes off in a fiery explosion with a bang. Then the second one is even louder. He goes toward the third one, and everyone thinks it's going to be this huge explosion... and, well, if you know any chemistry, you know what happened. He then turns to the class and says, "This is why we learn chemistry, to understand why things like this happen." Hmm. Thinks are looking hopeful, though... It seems very likely that I'll get into CHEM 207, which is cool. Even though the CHEM 211 guy wasn't bad, the CHEM 207 professor is definitely better. And ENGRI 117 would be ideal, but nanotech isn't exactly boring, either. So.

It suddenly got really humid today... yuck. It's like trying to breathe while taking a hot shower. It's even more annoying because the buildings are super-air-conditioned, so it's like going from said hot shower into icy wind.

Going to check out a fellowship tonight... Chinese Bible Study, I think. It meets in the ECE (Electrical & Computer Engineering) building. Go figure.

My mom said that she thought I was going to gain weight this year. The way things are going now, that's not going to happen. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk from north campus (freshman housing) to central campus (classes). And there are some days where I need to walk about 10 minutes between classes. Three or four times a day. So, that's a lot of walking. And the food isn't that good.

Oh, I need to find some cargo pants. That would be good.

wicked witch of the west
  |