less of me // more of You

|
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Uggh. Get up, work out, come home, check e-mail, clean house. What a lovely day it's been. I think I need to go find some food before I pass out. Hmm.
So I was thinking about the way people interact and relate to each other. Friendships are based on shared experiences, right? For example, if I say "India" to Elsa, we'll both start cracking up, or if I start humming Mario Brothers theme songs after a bag workout with Angie, few others would understand (except maybe Ryan... haha). So basically, there are two things that make up a big part of all relationships - one, experiencing these situations that create inside jokes and memories, and two, recounting these memories and bringing up things that have happened in the past. When someone doesn't "belong" to a group of close friends, the reason they feel left out isn't necessarily because the clique is trying to be exclusive, but because all the time that is spent recalling these memories and rehashing these inside jokes is totally lost on a person who hasn't shared those experiences with them. So why is it that we need these dumb little experiences so much?
that our flag was still there
bananna 12:33 PM |
|