:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, April 05, 2004

 
So, 100% acceptance rate for UCs, 25% for private schools. About what I realistically expected, actually. Anyway. At least I'm not going to be getting any more rejection letters.

The flight back from LA was nice. Oh, and UCLA was nice, too. I sat in on some class from around 8-9 AM... the professor was from Taiwan. PhD in mech-E. Interesting class. After that... walked around Boelter Hall with my sister, saw the ESUC lounge, engineering library, umm... poked my head into some random lecture halls... ended up on the wrong campus tour. I thought the guy said "If you've already been admitted, come this way, if not, stay here," so I followed the guy and then he started talking about admissions so I was like umm I don't think I'm supposed to be here..." So me and my sister just ditched and joined the other group as they passed by. Then we ran into Nikki/Liz/Christine, so me and my sister ditched the tour completely and just walked around with them for the rest of the time. Ate at one of the dining halls... much nicer than I had expected, despite the fact that UCLA supposedly has some of the best dorm food in the country. Anyway. After that... basically left. Shuttle to LAX, fly home. My flight got in a little after 5, so I just went straight to teach kung-fu. Fun. o_0

I met 2 people at LA who graduated from UCLA and now work at JPL. Amazing. I also saw a waiter (or maybe he was the owner) at a restaurant that could pass for a real version of Kakashi. He had the long face and sleepy eyes and even the anime hair, except it was a little shorter (okay, a lot shorter) than Kakashi's and black, not silver.

My mom actually wants me to go to UCSD because of the Regents Scholarship thing. Which makes me even more annoyed that I didn't get my invitation to apply for a UCLA Regents Scholarship until after the deadline. Sigh. I bet I could have gotten it. Oh well.

Tomorrow... I guess I'll just do fzx homework and maybe some running. Sigh. I'm tired.

here I am. once again.
  |