|
:minimalist |
|
|
Saturday, January 03, 2004I actually went shopping again today. I concluded that I would love shopping if I were a guy, because they have the most comfortable clothing. Anyway... I always seen interesting things at the mall. For example: a girl whose pants were so tight that her fat was visibly bulging out. Later I saw a girl with tight pants that fit well. There's a big difference. Also, a fat white lady who was verbally abusing a little latino kid. She kept swearing at him and stuff. Mind you, this kid is like 3 years old. Sigh. Hmm... what else... oh yeah, these two black ladies were really... full of themselves. You know how shoes are in aisles? I walked between them and the shoes that they were looking at from across the aisle (about 3 or 4 feet of room) and they were all like "Excuse me? Happy new year, it's 2004, say excuse me because it's 2004, alright?" I was like wth? What does the new year have to do with me being polite? And it's not exactly as if I was impolite. I didn't even touch them , just walked in front of their previous view for maybe half a second. But to them, that warranted twenty seconds of hissy fit. Talk about wasted energy. And then there was this clerk at Bath & Body that really bothered me. She was just one of those people that you can tell are totally uninterested in doing anything for you. Flat voice, slightly rolled eyes, otherwise expressionless face. I don't think I'd be inclined to go there again. There was also a disconcerting number of young dads. Young, as in teenaged. I wonder how many of the babies they were holding are products of a moment of passion, and whether or not their parents, to some degree, resent them. |