less of me // more of You

|
Wednesday, June 25, 2003
Wow. It suddenly fixed itself. And the archives, too. Now I won't have a grudge against it.
Oh, yes. Last night I was at my grandparent's house, in the garage. It was dark, and something brushed past on the floor. At first I thought it was conglomeration of dust. Then it stopped suddenly. And I realized it was a spider. About two inches in diameter. Nothing scares me like spiders. I think I will write about it in one of my personal statements. You see, I'm not scared of things I can see. Snakes don't scare me. They may move fast, yeah, but you can see them. Spiders, on the other hand, hide in little dark corners and bite you when you reach into cabinets. If a snake bites you, you know it. Even if it kills you, you can kill it before you die. If a spider bites you, you don't notices until it starts itching and swelling. By that time, the spider could be halfway across the planet. There was a story in the newspaper once about a woman who was bitten by a brown recluse and didn't notice until her arm (or was it leg?) turned brown and they had to amputate it to try and stop the poison from spreading. Or at least I think that's what the story was. Maybe she died. It was a long time ago. Anyway, I think that story is what first caused me to be scared of spiders. Nasty little things. So I ended up just catching it and letting it go outside.
bananna 11:34 PM |
|