:minimalist

:minimalist

 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

 
Walking around Chinatown today... I felt out of place. It was sort of a surreal experience... maybe having to do with the fact that I was walking by mostly people of the previous generation. I can't relate to super-fast-Cantonese speaking old people... sigh. Regardless of whether or not I might be able to relate more to the Americanized hip-hop younger mainland fobio Chinese generation, I felt a twinge of that Asian-American identity crisis thing today.

You know what I hate? When people say "Why can't you think?" or "Why can't you use your head?" or "Are you stupid or something?" Because most of the time, the reason I question them or their directions is because it's stupid and nonsensical in the first place (ie Mr. Fung). So yes, I can think and use my head, that's why I'm trying to tell you that your idea is stupid. Either that, or (in the case of my parents, most often) "thinking" on my own has all too often resulted in... undesireable results. I don't think like my parents do. To them, that consitutes not thinking at all. I hate that. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate that.

Why did HaloScan eat my comments? I like comments... [face_perplexed]

My lord? Sire? Your orders? My lord? I await your command. Your orders? Yes? Yes? Yes? Why are you still touching me?
  |