less of me // more of You

|
Tuesday, December 31, 2002
:) Click
I did some precal this morning... yay me! But chapter 9 is so confusing... so I went on to chapter 11 from the other book. I'm still rather annoyed that I have more gov homework than I thought... and I really, really have to start reading some AP lang. I want to go see TTT again. Although it wasn't exactly the coolest movie ever, it was decent enough to warrant a second viewing. I should probably go read it again first, though.
Since it's the last day of 2002, I suppose I should spend some time to reflect on what I've done this past year and what I hope to accomplish next year. Hmm. God has taught me a lot this year... the theme of my spiritual life right now seems to be "Don't forget your first love." It's so easy to get caught on "spiritual highs" at times, then completely forget about God for the next month or two. Sometimes it's natural to pick up my Bible first thing in the morning and spend time with God... others, it seems like such a chore. I keep praying for more consistency... but I have to do my part, too.
I've also learned about dealing with my parents. Sigh.
I want to find solace in God alone. A lot of people, myself included, draw their self worth or self image from what other people think of them. This comes in many forms... peer pressure, parental pressure, just... people in general. When someone criticizes you... instead of taking immediate offense, think... is that really something I need to work on? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But don't immediately rush to a conclusion, whether you think it's true or not.
I know a lot of people who would be so much cooler if they didn't try to be. I guess... I need to learn to make Him my counselor, first and foremost. My worth comes from being His child, not so-and-so's friend or such-and-such a person. Don't try to live up to the world's expectations, because they will change. You may work hard to make yourself a certain way, only to wake up one morning and find it all gone. But with God, the only desire is to become more and more like Jesus... that will never change. So I keep telling myself. Maybe that didn't make sense at all. Happy New Year.
Then who?
bananna 12:17 PM |
|