|
:minimalist |
|
|
Wednesday, September 11, 2002Ahhh, yes. Once again, it is time to bare my soul for the whole world to see (sort of). I feel very unpatriotic today. You know... on the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks and everything... I think, to a large degree, it's because the whole Sept. 11th thing has been so overplayed and advertised that I'm just sick of it. People died without cause, yes, that's very true, and that makes me sad and angry. But fanatical media coverage isn't exactly the best way to express sadness. Do you really think that people like Deena Burnett want to be reminded almost every day that their husband/son/wife/daughter/sibling/parent was a victim of the most horrendous terrorist attack in American history? I know I wouldn't. Sure, I could use that position to advocate airplane safety, but I would much rather be left completely alone. Especially today, I mean, no one is talking about the terrorists at all. It's "Oh, how has your life changed since your husband died at the World Trade Center? What do you feel now?" I feel like we're intruding on people's private lives. That's why all the media coverage on the attacks makes me feel unpatriotic.. That's why I didn't want to wear a ribbon today. That's why when someone handed one to me, I wore it on my shoe. |